Goto Section: 64.1001 | 64.1100 | Table of Contents
Revised as of October 1, 2020
Goto Year:2019 |
§ 64.1002 Investments and expenses.
(a) Investment and expenses not used and useful in the ordinary course.
The following investments and expenses are presumed not used and useful
(and thus unreasonable):
(1) Personal expenses, including but not limited to personal expenses
for food and beverages, housing, such as rent or mortgages, vehicles
for personal use, and personal travel;
(2) Tangible property not logically related or necessary to offering
voice or broadband services;
(3) Political contributions;
(4) Membership fees and dues in social, service and recreational, or
athletic clubs or organizations;
(5) Penalties or fines for statutory or regulatory violations; and
(6) Penalties or fees for late payments on debt, loans, or other
(b) Non-customary investments and expenses. Unless customary for
similarly situated companies, the following investments and expenses
are presumed not used and useful (and thus unreasonable):
(1) Personal benefits, such as gifts, housing allowances, and
childcare, that are not part of taxable compensation;
(2) Artwork and other objects that possess aesthetic value that are
displayed in the workplace;
(3) Aircraft, watercraft, and off-road vehicles used for work and
(4) Cafeterias and dining facilities;
(5) Charitable donations;
(7) Food and beverage expenses for work and work-related travel;
(8) Membership fees and dues associated with professional
(9) Scholarships; and
(10) Sponsorships of conferences or community events.
Subpart K--Changes in Preferred Telecommunications Service Providers
Goto Section: 64.1001 | 64.1100
Goto Year: 2019 |
CiteFind - See documents on FCC website that
cite this rule
Want to support this service?
Report errors in
this rule. Since these rules are converted to HTML by machine, it's possible errors have been made. Please
help us improve these rules by clicking the Report FCC Rule Errors link to report an error.
Helping make public information public